About the Hospital Campus
Build a large park connected with adjacent neighborhoods and with the city, improving the accessibility of the enclosure and its permeability. In order to do sowe propose several fundamental strategies:
1. Sponge the enclosure knocking down the maximum possible amount of buildings and return the enclosure to its condition of natural park with buildings.
2. Create a new vertical access axis using escalators.
3. Construct flat promenades at different levels that horizontally cross the enclosure and connect it with the surrounding neighbors.
4. Remove vehicles from the premises.
5. Create a new facade of the Hospital of the Vall d’Hebrón, by means of a new hall at the same level of the access road.
About the building
A building with a single facade. A fold in the topography that acquires the role of the final curtain from the lower platform and disappears literally from the upper level where it becomes an extension of the park.
The plant is defined by three courtyards, one of which opens to the façade, and terraces that relate to the exterior. The laboratories, grouped around the three courtyards according to their orientation, generate alongside the terraces, a series of paths similar to the cloisters of monasteries, combining interiors and exteriors to generate spaces of leisure and encounter.